New Year Hodge Podge

Oh, hello there, blog followers.

I've just awoken from my lack of blog consciousness and relishing in a spot of tea as I write this.
I have been outside and playing since the last blog post, and in the back of my mind, I remembered, "The blog!"
So I had to stop playing with my flower friends, flew home on a hover board, made said tea and sat down to start writing.
And here we are.

Well, 2017.
That was a thing.
This blog started.
Oh, yes. I remember coming on the train home one night on a meeting, opened my device and decided I should have a place for all the musings that go on inside my mind.
Instead, it turned into a very formalised book and audio drama review place.
Then we had NaNoWriMo, oh yes! That was a wonderful thing.
I'm still working on that, by the way. So you may get to read it one day if publishers like it.
If not, it'll probably surface around here anyway. I would love for people to read it in it's completion.

"Well," I hear you ask, "What's in store for 2018?"
I turn to you and respond, "Well, I still haven't gotten around to reviewing Peter Capaldi's last episode of Doctor Who."
"Because of course, that is more important," you moan sarcastically.
"Well, there are more important things, but I do have quite the affinity for the show. Maybe I should get it all out of the way and do an overview of his whole run."
"Now, that could be interesting," I hear you respond with a glimmer of hope, "and make sure you finish reviewing Season 21 of Thomas while you're at it."

Oh, yes. I'm good for putting off things.
If you need someone to put off things for you, I'm your fellow.
"I think, Tom," you, the reader, interrupted, "There needs to be a bit more variety. We love how quirky and zany you are. How about some more short stories?"
"Oh, indeed! Well, salt my pretzels! They're quite fun, aren't they? How about I just post up raw dreams whenever they can occur. Then people can see all the real roots of where those stories happen?"

And then everybody bounced and clapped for joy.
Not really, this is just a narrative I'm writing to make you smirk.
Oh, how I drool for meta-fiction.
"I'll also throw in some good books for you all to read as commendations, and maybe some theological writing for good measure."
I suppose the nod is a cheerful agreement?
Yes?
Good.

You can expect a little of all of this in the new year.
Sometimes I'm spotty.
Sometimes I'm trotty.
Sometimes I just like stream-of-consciousness a little too much.

One thing I will leave with you is some things I'd like to do in the new year.

I bought a bike to increase my fitness.
I rode up a hill and it wore me out so.
I like writing this book with this guy called Hector and Halliday too.
But I'll keep that on the low.
I wrote a sermon late last year.
And I wonder where my passion for talking about God may eventuate.
I probably need to flex the creative arts muscles more,
So I plan to also do some comedy with a mate.

But for now, here's something for you to consider.


Comments

Popular Posts