NaNoWriMo Update 1


Current Word Count: 9,516 words

So rather cheekily, at the same time, I have been expanding the world of my characters and making them a multi-platform story to enjoy, if reading ain't your thing.
Thanks to Big Finish Productions and BBC Radio 4, I have an affinity for audio drama, so I have decided to make this the secondary platform.
Rather than pulling a Douglas Adams and writing two different versions of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I am telling the story from two different points in their timeline.
The prose version is the introduction and the audio version is a continuation. 
If you're familiar with Big Finish's Bernice Summerfield, you'll know she originates and is introduced in the Doctor Who novel, Love and War, but later carried on in her own books and then were picked up in audio form with a fresh new beginning as a carry on.
This is a similar thing I'm attempting to do here, but a bit more closely knit... 


Meta-fiction! Meta-fiction for everything!

I've been writing a lot in public - cafes, train journeys, libraries.
And as a result of this, wherever I am, my mind starts to wonder what if the story was happening where I was at the time of it happening, and including anonymous people around me in close vicinity as characters.
My meta-fiction side is coming out so much that I've made myself a character for goodness sake!

It has been good however for location picking.
The residence of my main character has been studied each time I walk down Old Belgrave Road in Upper Ferntree Gully. It's an oldish crooked looking house.
I have no idea what it looks like on the inside, but I've given the house a hoarder in my story.
We see her for a little bit, but I can guarantee she will be back to bite when it's least expected.


That was a weird dream...

I have a tendency to have bizarrely vivid dreams with crazy imagery, so much so that I have been told I need to construct these into some kind of formal narrative, so this is what I intend on doing with this story.
Each time I have woken up, I have pencilled down my dreams on scraps of paper and mapped it out from there.
Logic does not come into mind a lot of the time...

Comments

Popular Posts