NaNoWriMo 2017




About two months ago, I started writing a teen / young adult novel for my class of students who struggled to find a book they enjoyed.
I tailored the language style, story structure and characters tastefully towards their interests and based the main protagonist's voice off mine. This has made the protagonist a lot more blissful to write for and it was very heavily inspired by Paul Jennings' idea when creating the character of Tony for the development of Round the Twist.

I'm continuing the same story process for NaNoWriMo.
But I hear you ask, "What is NaNoWriMo, Tom?"
NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month, where you set your own goal and attempt to write the parts of a novel, if not, a whole one.
I will be aiming for 50,000 words (equating to 1,600 words a day) and would appreciate the support and accountability on this.

Maybe one day, I will make something of it.
I wish the process will be as blissful as the above image!

And if you're a creative writer too, I encourage you to give it a go and register here.

Comments

Popular Posts