Book Bites: Things you must read - Roald Dahl's Older Fiction


I was looking for something to tantalise my reading tastebuds at the beginning of this year and my local bookshop recommended me Roald Dahl's short stories, as I have always have had a life-long love for his more known works like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The BFG, and The Witches.

If you want something a little bit more zany, out there and a little bit unnerving, I would definitely give these a go.

I started with Cruelty and have moved onto Madness and both are fantastic.

It also came to my attention that majority of these stories were adapted into Twilight Zone reminiscent episodes of Roald Dahl's Tales of the Unexpected, which is also worth investigating.

Both avenues have really opened my eyes to Dahl's work and have added a lot of sense to the dark and twisted nature of his children books.

Comments

Popular Posts